Monday, December 31, 1990

1990 Campbell Award Nominees

Location: Campbell Conference Awards Banquet at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas.

Comments: There are few things that will make you realize how little science fiction you have read more than cataloging all of the genre awards that have been handed out over the years. I have read a lot of science fiction over the years, and yet I have not only not read any of the three books that earned places in the voting for the 1990 Campbell Award, I haven't read any other books by any of these three authors. I am sure they are all fine authors and these are all fine books, I just haven't gotten to them yet, which is my failing and not theirs.

Best Novel

Winner:
The Child Garden by Geoff Ryman

Second Place:
Farewell Horizontal by K.W. Jeter

Third Place:
Good News from Outer Space by John Kessel

Go to previous year's nominees: 1989
Go to subsequent year's nominees: 1991

Book Award Reviews     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment