Friday, July 1, 2011

Follow Friday - Twenty-Three Is the Last Prime Number Until Twenty-Nine


It's Friday again, which means it's time for Follow Friday. To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host (Parajunkee) and any one else you want to follow on the list.
  2. Follow the Featured Blogger of the week - Erika at Let's Talk About Books.
  3. Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments.
  5. Follow, follow, follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "Hi".
  6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the love . . . and the followers.
  7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
  8. If you're new to the Follow Friday Hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
And now for the Follow Friday Question: ACK! Your favorite book/movie character (example Hermione Granger played by the Emma chick) just walked into the room! Who is it and what would be your first reaction? You get extra points if you include visual stimulation.

I don't think anyone will be surprised by my love of all things Tolkien, and normally I would pick Karl Urban as Éomer because Éomer is my favorite character in the Lord of the Rings, but in the movies his role was truncated so much that I just can't pick him for this. I suppose I could transfer my loyalties and pick Miranda Otto as Éowyn, but Éowyn's dialogue with the Witch-King was so butchered in the movie version of Return of the King that I can't bring myself to do that. The real problem for me is that most of the books I really like either have never been made into movies, or they have been made into awful movies (like David Lynch's Dune, which was a truly terrible movie made from a truly incredible book), which means most of the characters I like either have no on-screen counterpart, or their on-screen counterpart is handicapped by being in a terrible movie.

But right now I'm at InConJunction. So I'll have think about this some more and figure it out later.

Previous Follow Friday: Twenty-Two Is the Same Backwards and Forwards
Subsequent Follow Friday: I Was Twenty-Four When I Got Married for the First Time

Follow Friday     Home

1 comment:

  1. It's tough to find a really good book to screen adaptation. The problem is that they take 15-30 hours of reading and condense it into a 2 hr movie. Too much has to be cut out. Have you watched Game of Thrones on HBO? So far it is my absolute favorite book adaptation.

    Hopping through via Parajunkee. I'm having a giveaway on my blog this weekend, so please stop by!

    Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
    www.pedanticphooka.com

    ReplyDelete