Thursday, November 15, 2012

Follow Friday - NGC 85 Is a Galaxy in Andromeda


It's Friday again, and this means it's time for Follow Friday. There has been a slight change to the format, as now there are two Follow Friday hosts blogs and two Follow Friday Features Bloggers each week. To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  1. Follow both of the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts (Parajunkee and Alison Can Read) and any one else you want to follow on the list.
  2. Follow the two Featured Bloggers of the week - Reach for the Stars...and the Books and Bookworm8921.
  3. Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments.
  5. Follow, follow, follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "Hi".
  6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the love . . . and the followers.
  7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
  8. If you're new to the Follow Friday Hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
And now for the Follow Friday Question: Books are turned into movies all the time! Turn it around. What movie would make a great book?

This question is a little bit difficult because so many of the movies I like have already been turned into novels, even the novels that started as movies like Alien, Outland, Clash of the Titans, Star Wars, and Dragonslayer (and so many of them seem to have been written by Alan Dean Foster). Even my favorite television shows like Babylon 5 and Star Trek have been made into novels. In some cases dozens of novels.

But one series that I think would benefit from a series of novels: Farscape. If we could have a set of novels to tell the entire story of the fifth season that was truncated into the two-part miniseries The Peacekeeper Wars, I would be a very happy man.

Go to previous Follow Friday: Eighty Four Is a Town in Pennsylvania

Follow Friday     Home

21 comments:

  1. I haven't seen Farscape but heard its very good. Might have to check it out.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. I haven't heard of Farscape. What's it about?
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I haven't heard of Farscape either.

    New follower :)

    My FF @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't heard of Farscape but it sounds good!
    new follower :)
    here's our FF

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't heard of Farscape before. Now I'm curious! :)

    Have a great weekend!
    Pam @ jellylovesbooks

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so right, Clash of the Titans, Star Wars & Star Trek are all great picks even if they were already made into books...it's really hard to find a good film that didn't either start out as a book or become a book after. I've never heard of Farscape but I'm curious now :) Thanks for sharing, new follower via GFC! Here's my FFF

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a friend obsessed with Farscape. I've been meaning to check it out! :) New follower:

    http://diamondinroughcoal.blogspot.com/2012/11/follow-me-friday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard such good things about Farscape, I need to watch it!

    I'm a new follower through GFC! My FF post

    ReplyDelete
  9. @BLHMistress: I am a big fan of Farscape. It has some bumps at the start of the series as the writers got the kinks worked out and established the characters, but once Chiana is introduced to the crew the whole show comes together and is excellent from that point on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Alison Can Read: Farscape is about John Crichton, an astronaut from Earth, who is shot through a wormhole into a distant part of the galaxy teeming with alien life. He falls in with a bunch of escaped prisoners on their former prison ship, and flees from the Peacekeepers. Over the next four seasons of the show Crichton becomes important in the power struggle between the Peacekeepers and their enemies the Scarrans because of his knowledge of wormhole technology.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Marilyn Phillips: It is somewhat ironic that you haven't heard of Farscape given that it was an Australian show made with a mostly Australian cast for Australian television. I think Ben Browder was the only non-Australian on the show.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @The Readdicts: It is good. The only problem with the show is that after agreeing to pick up seasons four and five, the SyFy channel reneged after season four, resulting in the show's premature demise with most of the ongoing plot lines unresolved.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @thepamjelly: I really enjoyed it. I liked it from the very beginning, but it really hit its stride when Scorpius was introduced.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Micheline D: Yes. I don't know if this is still the case, but for a while it was almost de rigeur for a genre-related movie to be made into a book (or, to use the clumsy industry term "novelized"). I think Alan Dean Foster wrote half of the novelizations that were ever printed. I'm only half-kidding about that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Anna: I like your friend's taste in television! I heartily recommend trying it out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Kate: Thank you. There are so many good movies that have been made into books, or made from books.

    The converse is that there are so many bad movies that have been made from good books. And so many forgettable movies that have been made into better books.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Outland would be a great book. Hopping through and I'm following. Please consider following me.
    Java With Jambor

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Alyssa Shehorn: Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  19. @A.L. Jambor: Outland is a book and I own a copy! The novelization of the movie was written by Alan Dean Foster and published in 1981.

    ReplyDelete