Friday, July 19, 2013

Follow Friday - The Hundred Years War Was Actually One-Hundred and Sixteen Years Long


It's Friday again, and this means it's time for Follow Friday. There has been a slight change to the format, as now there are two Follow Friday hosts blogs and two Follow Friday Features Bloggers each week. To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  1. Follow both of the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts (Parajunkee and Alison Can Read) and any one else you want to follow on the list.
  2. Follow the two Featured Bloggers of the week - Meredith's Musings and Guiltless Reading.
  3. Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments.
  5. Follow, follow, follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "Hi".
  6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the love . . . and the followers.
  7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
  8. If you're new to the Follow Friday Hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
And now for the Follow Friday Question: Book Vacay: Where is the best destination reading spot for you? (Where do you like to go to read other then your home).

As I have noted before, I do very little of my reading at home. Most of the time when I am home, I am writing, editing, fixing mistakes I made when writing the HTML for this blog, trying to catch up on watching science fiction or fantasy related media, and all of the various things that one needs to do to keep function, like paying bills, washing dishes, and once in a while, cooking food. Actually, come to think of it, most of the time when I am home I am sleeping, but that's just not very interesting.

This is the bus I ride every work day.
Or one that looks just like it.
The key is that most of the things I do at home are things that I mostly can only do at home, and so I have to make use of my time reasonably wisely if I want to get done all the things I want to get done in a typical day. Which leaves limited amounts of time available for reading while I am at home. On the other hand, I try to read a couple of hours every day, so that has to be squeezed in somewhere. And that somewhere is on the bus, where I get to sit (usually, as long as the bus isn't so full that I have to stand, which happens depressingly often) for about two hours every day. I catch snippets of reading in other places here and there - I rarely go anywhere without having a book on hand so that I can read if I'm standing in line or waiting for something or have some other dead time on my hands - but the bulk of my reading takes place on the bus that takes me to and from work.

Go to previous Follow Friday: The Atomic Number of Ununpentium Is 115

Follow Friday     Home

4 comments:

  1. Taking advantage of reading in the bus to work is a great idea.

    My FF:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2013/07/feature-follow-15-reading-spot.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Jenny: The alternative is sleeping. Or, to take a cue from some of the other people on my bus, watching movies on your phone. But I don't have a phone that I can do that with. So reading it is.

      Delete
  2. That was also in my answer. What else are you supposed to do on public transportation? bah, I'm not going to talk to people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @timewantsaskeleton: Why would you want to talk to other people? Every now and then I am sitting with someone who wants to talk and I think, "Why? Why would you do this? Go away!"

      Delete