Saturday, January 4, 2014

Book Blogger New Year's Challenge of 2014 - What Are the Books of 2014 That You Won't Miss?

What Are the Books of 2014 That You Won't Miss?

I have even less of an idea than I had for the last question. When it comes to the books of 2013 that I missed, I at least now have a vague idea of some of the books that were published in the year. For the upcoming year, on the other hand, I have almost no clue what is due to be published, and so I have almost no chance of being able to answer this question cogently in the way that the question was intended.

On the other hand, I have a rough plan of what books I plan on reading in the upcoming year, even though the books aren't books that will be published in 2014. I have thirty-seven review copies sitting on my to-read shelf, and I plan on reading (and reviewing) them all in 2014. I am currently in the middle of the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series, and I will probably read some more of those this year. I intend to read and review all of the volumes of the Girl Genius series and the Order of the Stick series. I want to make progress on my project to read the various genre award winners, and to that end I will be reading The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, and The Return of the King to finish off the International Fantasy Award Best Fiction Book winners, and A Case of Conscience, Starship Troopers, A Canticle for Liebowitz, Stranger in a Strange Land, The Man in the High Castle, Here Gather the Stars, and The Wanderer to advance my project of reading all of the Hugo Award winning novels.

There are a number of other books I'd like to get to this year as well, but may not have time to read. I have a series of books aimed at younger readers featuring a character named Matthew Looney that I'd like to read. I'd like to read and review some of my collection of Asterix books and the couple of Prince Valiant collections that I have. And there are a number of other books I'd like to read - I have a history of the First World War in Africa that I'd like to read, as well as a book about the origins of language. I'd like to read all of those as well, but I don't know if I'll be able to. I'm certainly going to try though.

Go to Day 3: What Books of 2013 Are You Sad You Missed?
Go to Day 5: What Was the Worst Book of 2013?
 
2014 Challenges     Book Blogger New Year's Challenge of 2014     Home

2 comments:

  1. I believe I just picked up a novelization of the Girl Genius series at Half Price Books last week. Good luck with your reading endeavors this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Terri M. LeBlanc: Just so you know, there are actually two Girl Genius novels in print - Agatha H and the Airship City and Agatha H and the Clockwork Princess.

      Delete