Saturday, October 11, 2014

Book Blogger Hop Halloween Edition October 10th - October 16th: In the 1940 NFL Championship Game the Bears Beat the Redskins 73-0

Book Blogger Hop

Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: What is the scariest book title you have either read or heard about?

When I was thirteen, and staying with friends in South Africa because I needed surgery on my hand, I found a copy of Alan Dean Foster's novelization of the movie Alien. I had not seen the Alien movie. I actually had no idea that there was an Alien movie, since I was living in Zaire at the time and popular media took a long time to get there. It was the scariest book I have ever read. Maybe it was because I was reading the book when I was thirteen. Maybe it was because I was in an unfamiliar house, thousands of miles away from most of my family. Maybe it was just that Foster wrote a damn scary book. I don't know. I just remember that it was terrifying. It was, in fact, so scary as a book, that when I finally saw the Alien movie some years later I was disappointed in how comparative tame the film was.

Subsequent Book Blogger Hop: The Atomic Number of Tungsten Is 74

Book Blogger Hop     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment